Learn how to download and install Blender’s latest version and previous versions safely and securely for free on Windows, macOS, and Linux, as well as the Blender source code. and know what the system requirements are and what we can do with the blender.
How Can I download blender software?
Downloading Blender is the easiest process, and it doesn’t require signup information. Anyone can download Blender without entering personal details. Download from the official website and be safe. You can download Blender for free and safely with the simple steps listed below
- Step 1: visit blender.org (official website)
- Step 2: Click on Download. It will be located at the top of the website (follow the image provided).
It will take you to the very latest version of Blender that is available to download.
- Below the Download Blender button, you will see which operating system and how much the installation file size is to download as shown in the picture.
If you are seeing the same operating system you are looking for, then just proceed to download it.
How to change another operating system while downloading Blender
When Blender servers are unable to identify the device you are using, the other version, such as Linux or macOS, will be displayed. If you want to download another operating system or source code, you must change the default OS that the Blender website displays.
For the different operating systems, you have the luxury of changing them. You can download it for Windows, macOS, Linux, and the source code of Blender.
- Simply select the type you are looking for as shown in the picture.
- It will change to the selected version, Now you can able to download Blender on your preferred OS.
How to download Blender’s Previous/old versions?
Sometimes you want to go back to old versions of Blender to follow along with your favorite YouTuber’s tutorial, but you don’t know how to do it.
Watch this 56 seconds video to know how to download Blender’s previous versions
What is Blender?
- Blender is an open-source animation software that is available for free forever.
- It was released to the public in the year 2002 by Ton Roosendaal.
- It has three In-built render engines:
- .blend is the Blender’s default saving File format
- It supports a lot of industry-standard file formats like FBX, OBJ, STL, gITF, and many more
What is Blender used for?
Blender is used for
- 2D and 3D animation
- video editing
- 3D printable models
- Procedural material creation
and much more. Like other 3D programs, this software does not require a powerful computer to install and use it. You can run it on any old PC you have lying around.
Having a good PC will allow you to complete your tasks more quickly. This software is fantastic because it opens much faster than you might expect and downloads in under 240 MB. I bet no other 3D program can do it.
Can I use Blender on a low-end PC?
You can download and install Blender on your low-end computer, but you cannot experience Blender completely or run it smoothly.
You should meet the Blender minimum system requirements to run Blender without lag or crashes.
Can I run Blender on a laptop?
You can easily run Blender 3D software on your laptop. Blender is a lite weight software. You can easily install it and use it, no additional steps are required
What operating system does Blender use?
Blender works on every popular operating system. A few older versions are not supported. Here is the list of operating systems Blender use
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- macOS 10.13
- Apple Silicon 11.0
Install process of Blender software
If you have installed any software, you may find it easy to install Blender. Like, double-click on the software, choose the destination folder and click on Next, and that’s it.
The majority of people understand how to do that, and already there are a bunch of tutorials on how to do that.
Direct links to Blender’s previous versions
What is blender LTS?
If you go to the Blender.org download page, you will see the word LTS after the version number of Blender. LTS stands for long-term support. Blender’s LTS version is supported for two years, with critical bugs being fixed throughout the year.
- Now you understand How to download and Install the Latest version of Blender on Windows, macOS, and Linux, and the download process of Blender Source Code.
- The File Size of Blender
- What can we do inside or with Blender Software?
- How to download previous versions of Blender.
- Meaning of Blender LTS.
- For Minimum System Requirements, Checkout this post